Search This Blog

Monday, March 29, 2010

You're moving where!?

We haven't even told my dad yet. My husband and I are preparing to move to Moscow, Russia in a few months. He had a job offer there, the and we are doing this. My first thoughts weren't of leaving my family, or life long friends, or my career. No no no. My first thoughts were "OH MY GOD, I don't even own a coat". the temperature low in Moscow today is 35, where I live it'll be somewhere around 60 for the low. I have more bikinis right now than I do long sleeve shirts. Clothes in Russia are very expensive, we've been advised to buy everything we need at home, before we move. So, I have about 4 months to completely overhaul my flip flops and bikini filled closet to parkas and snow boots. No big deal, I am a great shopper under pressure. However, it is MARCH and winter clothes are GONE. So It has become a mad hunt to find sweaters and jackets. I am becoming obsessed. And let's not forget everything else associated with a move like this.

This blog is going to focus on my shopping for my new life, and everything else associated with a move of this size.

But mostly the shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment